Saturday, September 5, 2009

Engagement Photos

On August 31, 2009, we met up with a Chicago-based photographer Ian Villaceran and spent a couple of hours exploring our beautiful Chicago. Yes, the idea of 'engagement photoshoot' was ALL mine; and I am so glad CD indulged my wishes. :)

Here're some teaser images!
*Photos by Ian Villaceran*

How we came to meet Ian:

There are some fabulous, amazing photogs in Chicago! I posted a thread searching for a great and affordable photographer in Chicago area on
Weddingbee. Ian actually saw the post and sent me a message offering his service. He has worked as a freelance photographer and journalist in the past and started his own wedding photography business. After a couple of years away attending to his first born, he is now starting to rebuild his portfolio. (Here'a link to his previous website: http://ianvillaceran.bigfolioblog.com/month/may08.)

Ian was an absolute sweetheart. CD is a bit camera shy and he totally put him at ease and let us just have fun. (BTW, did I mention he was also incredibly AFFORDABLE?!!) One unique feature is that he exclusively shoots with film. YES, films! As much as I was glad to support the film art, I was a bit weary about this in the beginning - we've gotten so used to the convenience and immediate gratification of digital photos...

In the end, I am happy with the results. (Ian even uploaded the proofs within 24 hrs!) I also appreciate that he has such a conviction to preserve the film art. We have pictures and memories that we will treasure forever and I just want to give TWO THUMBS UP to Ian!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I also have to give a shout out to Josh from Obviouschild Productions, whom I've gotten to know a bit during my search for a photographer. He was by far one of the most enthusiastic and visionary photographer I encountered. I will be watching out for his future work!

3 comments:

cheeky said...

Very nice pics! Ian IS a great photographer. He has a very modern sensibility that makes your pics look fresh. Very cool! I'm glad you're starting to have some with the wedding planning too!

Katie said...

The pictures are gorgeous! I love the contrast of pictures with the city background and the nature!

christine's blog said...

gorgeous, caroline!!